Admitted for the summer or fall 2023 term? We can't wait to see you! First though, you must complete the below steps before your required Orientation experience. 

Coming to campus for Orientation? Here's the need to know info!

  • Check In will take place at the University Center, 501 Wild Rose Ave., River Falls, WI 54022. Use the blinds here (click the plus sign) to find your check in time! 
  • Parking during Orientation is free and you don't need a permit. 
    • Please park in Pay Lot 1 (PAY1) at 410 S. 3rd St. 
    • If you need physical accommodations, please park in Pay Lot 2 (PAY2) at 501 Wild Rose Ave. PAY2 is only for those with physical accommodations. 
  • Bring the following items:
    • If you've taken college courses and haven't already sent us your official college transcript, please bring your unofficial college transcript. Your advisers will need to see this during registration to place you in the correct classes.
    • government-issued ID.
  • Remember to complete all the items on the Before Orientation Checklist below before you arrive to campus! 

These tests will be required to be completed prior to attending your registration appointment and are used to determine appropriate course placement for math and English courses. Since you'll work with an adviser to register for courses at Orientation or during your virtual registration appointment (Spring 2024 students only), you'll need to make sure you complete these at least one week prior to your registration appointment.

Placement test registration for students enrolling for summer and fall 2024 terms will open in March. Keep an eye on your emails near this time for communication from us regarding further information about placement testing requirements prior to your summer Orientation. For students beginning classes in spring 2024, the placement registration is live. Visit our Placement Testing page to learn more about which tests you need to take an how to sign up online.

First-Year Students: Follow your high school’s procedure for sending your official final high school transcript. Transcripts must indicate your graduation day, month and year, include all course grades, and list your final GPA. If you’ve completed any college-level coursework, please send us your official final college transcripts so we can award you any earned credit. 

Transfer Students: If you didn't submit an official final high school transcript with your application, you must send one prior to enrollment. Send us your official final college transcripts so we can award your credit and verify you’ve successfully completed your most recent term. 

Please note: We require an official final high school transcript to disburse financial aid. If we do not have an official final high school transcript on file, your aid will not be disbursed until we receive one.

Electronic transcripts are preferred. Electronic transcripts must be sent through an official transcript service to admissions@uwrf.edu, while mailed transcripts can be sent to UWRF Admissions, 410 S. 3rd St., River Falls, WI 54022.

Now that you're officially a UWRF student, all communication from the university will be sent to your UWRF email. It's important to check your UWRF email regularly so you don't miss important updates related to your class schedule, student billing, residence life and more! Check the email you received once you were accepted to UWRF that outlined next steps, including how to activate your email.

Your ID card is an important tool that you'll need on campus to check out textbooks, access your residence hall and meal plan, receive student discounts and more. You're required to submit a photo for your ID and to do so, you’ll need your driver’s license or state-issued photo ID. Your ID will be mailed to you if you submit your photo before August 1. Please contact the Carding Office at dots@uwrf.edu or call at 715-425-3687 with questions. 

Living on campus? You'll need to submit your housing and dining contract through the Housing Portal and if desired, select a roommate. 

  • Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you haven’t already done so and are interested in receiving federal and state financial aid.
  • Complete FAFSA verification (if applicable): Being selected for FAFSA Verification is common. If you are chosen for verification, be certain to follow up with the requested information right away so that your financial aid award is not delayed.
  • Accept or Decline Financial Aid Awards on eSIS: Many types of financial aid need to be accepted. Be sure to complete this step of the process so that your financial aid is in place.

Note: International students do not need to complete this step.

If you haven’t applied for tuition reciprocity, make sure you take care of this step so we can adjust your tuition rate.

Complete the International Student Pre-Arrival Orientation course in Canvas, which guides you through the visa process and many other U.S. immigration requirements. For questions, contact International Student Services at iss@uwrf.edu or ISS Manager Vanessa Luther at vanessa.luther@uwrf.edu.